Last updated: August 31st, 2016
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users register in the App, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available in our App. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, a name and email address. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, which may prevent them from engaging in certain App related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our App. Non-personal identification information may include the type of device, the time a User accesses the app, technical information about the App’s use, as well as User response to psychological, behavioural and other types of feedback data. We will collect non-personal information, such as geo-location from Users, only if they allow access to such information in their phone settings.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalise the User experience: we may use User information to understand how Users use the services and resources provided in our App and to customise User experience of our products and services.
- To improve our App: we may use User feedback to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails: we may use the email address to send User information and updates. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We may collect and use Users non-personal information for the following purposes:
- To understand how our App is used: we may use information in the aggregate to understand how Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our App.
- To do research: we may use anonymised data for researching User journeys and interactions, as well as self-report psychological and behavioural information. We may share this information with App research partners, funding partners and at future conferences and presentations on an ongoing basis.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of User personal information and data stored. Sensitive and private data exchange between the App and our servers happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. All data is encrypted at rest using strong encryption Please see our Information Security Policy for more information.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated information not linked to any personal identification information regarding individual Users with our research partners, funding partners as part of presentations and to other App Users.
User Access Data
Users can request their data at anytime by emailing [email protected]
Users can also request that their data is deleted at anytime by emailing [email protected]
We will delete a User’s personal identification information from our server if there has been no activity within the App for 24 months. This information will also be deleted from all server back-ups within a further 6 months.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using the App, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our App. Your continued use of the App following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Unit 5, 20 Wellington Road
East Sussex, BN41 1DN
Email: [email protected]