We have a vacancy for a new studio tenant at our building in Portslade, Brighton. Designed by award winning architects Block, the building has three studio spaces, an edit suite, a communal kitchen area, storage space, and a project space. The building is a Victorian warehouse overlooking the harbour and was originally an icehouse.
We are offering long-term leases of at least 12 months. Studio rent includes the following:
- Office space
- Dedicated intercom and street level buzzer
- Underfloor heating
- Phone and data point (tenants will be expected to set up and pay for own phone line/broadband)
- Kitchen facilities (including microwave, fridge, hob, barista-grade coffee machine)
- Use of communal area
- Disability access WC and shower room
- Use of outdoor patio area
- Use of upstairs terrace with harbour views
- Access to fully equipped digital suite
- Service charge (maintenance and amenities)
- Utilities (gas, electricity, water)
Communal kitchen and meeting room
We are looking for artists, creative freelancers and small businesses, for example:
- Small companies, start-up businesses or freelancers working in the creative digital industries (video editing, graphic design, games, software development etc.)
- Artists working with digital media
- Live Artists working in contemporary performance practice
- Fashion designers
These are just examples: we’re open to approaches from a broad range of potential tenants so please get in touch.
Please note the space is not suitable for artists whose practice is messy (e.g. painters or sculptors).
Studio 9 is 3.9m x 2.5m with an internal window overlooking a quiet hallway and situated next to a door to the outdoor patio. It is fitted with Vitsoe shelving, a small desk, a sink, a small cabinet and mirror. Available to rent at £300 pcm including utilities.
PARKING AND TRANSPORT
The building is easily accessible by bus (Routes 700, 1, 1A and 6) and train with Portslade station a 10-minute walk away. There are frequent direct trains to Gatwick Airport (40mins) and London Victoria (70 mins). Limited free on-street parking is available in the neighbourhood and there is easy road access to the A27.
20 Wellington Road has an accessible bathroom but wheelchair access to the building is only available via the Travis Perkins yard during office hours.
Loading and deliveries can be made via the Travis Perkins yard during office hours.
To arrange a viewing please email info @ blasttheory.co.uk or call the studio on 01273 413455 (Mon-Thurs 10am-6pm) and ask for Anne.